We, at the Youldon Group, build on our experience in sport, business and life to offer services that bring people together around issues that matter, using methods that foster collaboration and learning.
We have a strong practice in Ringette, but we work in many sports. We see the need for the sport system to embrace concepts such as core values, leadership, facilitation, and personal growth.
We help people and organizations reach their desired futures through team building, planning workshops, and coaching services using industry accepted processes and technology.
The Youldon Group will work with you to find out what you need and want. We create processes that are easy to understand, address what matters and respect how you work.
Coaching and Leadership:
- Fully Certified “Competition: Introduction,” Ringette
- Three years coaching experience (Novice, Tween AA, Junior AA, Belle A)
- Five years experience, designing and leading Ringette summer camps.
- Guest Motivational Speaker, Open Ceremonies, Ontario A Provincial Championships, 2011
As an athlete:
- Senior Team Canada, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Gloucester Devils and Waterloo Wildfire, National Ringette League
- Ottawa Sports Awards, Athlete of the Year, Ringette, 2012
- Captain, Team Ontario, Gold Medallists, Canada Winter Games, Halifax, 2011
- U19 Team Canada East, Silver Medal, World Championships, Prague, 2009
- Gold Medallist, Ontario Winter Games, 2008
- Belle AA, National Champions, Nepean Ravens, 2010
- Quest for Gold Funding Recipient (Ringette), Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport
- Head Coach, Dalhousie University Ringette Team, 2012-2013
- Consultant, U-14 AA Nova Scotia Provincial Ringette Team
- Fully Certified “Competition: Introduction,” (Level 2), Ringette
- Five years experience, designing and leading summer Ringette camps.
- Assistant Coach, Novice B, U-14 AA, U-16 AA,
- Certified Personal Trainer (Can-Fit Pro)
- Honours Kinesiology, Dalhousie University, 2013
As a Ringette athlete:
- Senior Team Canada, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Gloucester Devils, Gatineau Fusion, National Ringette League
- Leading Scorer, National Ringette League, 2017-18
- Captain, U-19 Team Canada East, Ringette, Silver Medalists, World Championships, Prague, 2009.
- Team Ontario, Gold Medallists, Canada Winter Games, Whitehorse, 2007.
- Gold Medallist, Eastern Region All Star Team, Ontario Winter Games, 2008
- Belle AA, National Champions, Nepean Ravens, 2007
- Ringette Athlete of the Year, 2008, Ottawa Sports Awards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, York University
- Former Physical Education Specialist, Westboro Academy, 18 years
- National Calibre Track Athlete, Calgary Track West, Toronto Olympic Club, Ottawa Lions
- Past Director, Summer Sports Camps, City of Ottawa
- Off-ice Trainer for Ringette Teams (Nepean Ringette Association)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, University of Waterloo
- MBA, University of Ottawa
- Computer Programming Diploma, Algonquin College
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, University of Toronto.
- Active Member, Ottawa Chapter, International Association of Facilitators (IAF)
- Co-author, Strength Fitness for Fitness Leaders, Fitness Ontario Leadership Program, Ontario Ministry of Tourism and Recreation.
- Chair of the National Fitness Leadership Advisory Committee (Federal, Provincial organizations, including the YMCA and YWCA), producing national certification standards for fitness leaders.
- Director of multiple Corporate Fitness Programs (Calgary and Toronto), responsible for the purchasing and facility design of strength training equipment.
- Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer, Carleton University for 25 years
- Ontario Ringette Coaching Association, Provincial Coach of the Year, 2005
- Co-designer of the MY Summer Ringette Camp, 8 years.
- Twenty Two years experience as Head Coach of Elite Ringette Teams
- Former NCCP Certification Evaluator, 7 years
- Five Years, Head Coach, Gloucester Devils, Gatineau Fusion, National Ringette League