Updated on August 15, 2018
Nepean Ringette’s Pilot Fitness Program offers dryland training for U12 and U14 aged teams for the upcoming 2018-2019 ringette season.
For other Ringette Associations – contact us and we will set up a convenient location and discuss how to support your ringette team’s seasonal plans.
Instructor: Cheryl Youldon, former Physical Education Teacher, Fitness Leader and Team Fitness Instructor.
Tentative Location: Confederation Education Centre beside the Nepean Sportsplex on Woodroffe Ave.
The sessions are now on Wednesdays from 6 to 10pm at same location.
Dates: September 26 until February 27.
No classes from Dec 24 until Jan 4 and Jan 16 and Jan 23.
Dates: Tuesday September 25 to Tuesday February 26, 2019.
First session is free.
Cost: $30 per session, per team
What to bring: running shoes, exercise clothing and a labeled water bottle.
Equipment provided: skipping ropes, hand weights, agility ladder and juggling balls, just to name some.
Program details: fitness sessions will follow the long athlete development model for dryland training with respect to different ages and below is a list of possible activities depending on the gym space:
- Exercise circuits that would combine strength and endurance exercises, flexibility and cardiovascular movements.
- Weight training sessions that would include proper movement technique and workout routines.
- Interval running training that would include brief periods of hard work followed by brief periods of recovery.
- Handball activities to help work on game play and team tactics.
- Pregame warmup routines to music.
- Special activities to celebrate team successes and holidays.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Youldon at: firstname.lastname@example.org.